Requirement Description

New York Education Law now permits individuals with USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) Permanent Residence status to qualify for a Permanent/Professional teacher certificate. To verify your permanent residence status, submit one of the following with your application:
  • photocopy of your permanent resident card ("Green Card")
  • photocopy of your passport stamped with "Processed for 1-551 Temporary Evidence of Lawful Admission for Permanent Residence"
  • a certified and sealed copy of a letter from the USCIS verifying permanent residence