What are you applying for?
Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to be aware of the requirements for licensure and be sure that you wish to apply. You must answer all questions and provide all information requested unless otherwise indicated. Failure to complete all required parts of the application will delay its review. You are responsible for having all required documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.
Before You Begin
Please take a moment to review the list of requirements for licensure as an architect on our website and review the list of necessary information.
- Review the requirements for licensure as an Architect at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/arch/archlic.htm.
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
- Professional experience including employer name, address, corporate entity type, starting and ending dates.
- Your NCARB Record Number, if you have an NCARB Record.
- Educational history, including degrees, locations and dates.
- Professional licensure, including details about any other professional licenses held.
- Payment information (payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- Your Social Security card indicating your Social Security number.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov.
Receipt For Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating that the document and payment have been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.