This is the application and fee for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant. The $427 fee includes the application fee ($135) plus the fee for your first three year registration period ($292). Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to be aware of the requirements for licensure and be sure that you wish to apply.
Before You Begin
Information Needed for Application
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Educational history, including degrees, locations and dates.
- Professional licensure, including details about any other professional licenses held.
- Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
- Payment information ($427 payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- To save and return to the application you must have a Social Security Number.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov.
Receipt For Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating the document and payment have been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment. It is your responsibility to follow up with anyone you have asked to send us material.