Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to be aware of the requirements for licensure and be sure that you wish to apply.
Before You Begin
- Review the requirements for licensure as a Medical Physicist - Diagnostic Radiologic Physics at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/medphys/medphyslic.htm.
- Review list of required forms which are necessary to complete the licensure process at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/medphys/medphysforms.htm.
- For schools in New York State, verify your degree program was a licensure qualifying medical physicist program at http://www.nysed.gov/heds/IRPSL1.html. Select 'Search for programs leading to a Professional License' and then select MED PHY-DIAGNOST.
- Verify your graduate program was accredited in medical physics through CAMPEP (http://campep.org/campeplstgrad.asp)
- Be aware that it may take several weeks to process the initial application prior to the review.
- Please note that failure to complete all required parts of the application and submit all required documentation will delay its review.
Information Needed For Application
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Diagnostic radiological physics examination information.
- NYS Employee Limited Permit number in Diagnostic Radiologic Physics, if applicable.
- Professional licensure, including details about any other professional licenses held, if applicable.
- Educational history, including degrees, locations and dates.
- Payment information (payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- To save and return to the application you must have a Social Security Number.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov.
Receipt For Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating the document and payment have been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.