Continuing Your Application
Only applicants with Social Security Numbers have the option to save the application progress and complete it within 30 days. If you have a Social Security Number and have started an application within the past 30 days, and have not yet completed it, you can use this link to continue your application. You will need your Application ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth. Your Application ID can be found in the email that was sent to you from the Office of the Professions.
Upload Additional Documentation
If you have already completed an application, but you have additional documents or files to include in your previous submission, use this link to upload additional documentation. You will need your Application ID and Date of Birth.
You must complete this online application and pay the applicable fee to begin the licensure process. The $143 fee includes the application fee ($70) plus the fee for your first three-year registration period ($73). Application fees are not refundable. Payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express.
Before You Begin
Review the requirements, Frequently Asked Questions, and the list of additional necessary forms that you will be required to complete for licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Please take a moment to review the list of necessary information you will need to complete this initial application form. Failure to complete all required parts of the application and submit all required documentation will delay its review.
Contact Information (mailing & email addresses and phone number(s)).
Your name in this application must exactly match the name on your photo identification and the name listed on your NCLEX registration.
If you hold other professional licenses, you will need to enter the license name, number, issue date and jurisdiction.
You are responsible for having all required documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.
Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
Your application file will not be reviewed until all required documentation has been received.
You will have the opportunity to submit electronic records with this application or mail them to this office.
- If you have a disciplinary or criminal history - submit related records.
- If you are not a US citizen - submit documentation related to citizenship or immigration status.
- If you are applying for licensure as a licensed practical nurse and you did not graduate from a New York State approved nursing program, you must include a copy of your high school or secondary school diploma or transcript in the original language with your Form 1. This can be attached in the application on "Page 5: Additional Information." Failure to include this documentation will delay the review of your application.
- If you were educated outside of the US - submit copy of nursing diploma.
- If you did not complete Infection Control training as part of a NYS nursing school curriculum - submit certificate of completion or exemption request.
If you require assistance with the online application, submit a ticket to Online Services Technical Assistance.
Receipt for Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating that payment has been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.