Before you begin the application, you should review the requirements and the list of additional necessary paper forms that you will be required to complete atﾠhttp://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/pels/pelic.htm. To continue with this online application, you will need the following information:
- You must obtain an NCEES ID number to apply for an examination or licensure. NCEES ID is obtained via the NCEES website www.ncees.org and the creation of a "MyNCEES" account.
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
- Professional experience, including details about any other licenses held, if applicable.
- Educational history, including degrees, locations and dates.
- Professional licensure, including details about any other professional licenses held, if applicable.
- Licensure examination information, including date(s) of exam(s) and jurisdiction(s) in which the exam(s) was taken, if applicable.
- Payment information (payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- To save and return to the application you must have a Social Security Number.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov. Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to know the requirements for licensure.
You are responsible for having all required documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating the document and payment have been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.