This is the application and fee for the New York State Nurse Pratitioner certificate. The $85 fee includes the application fee ($50) plus the fee for your first registration period ($35). Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to be aware of the requirements for licensure and be sure that you wish to apply.
Before You Begin
Information Needed for Application
- Your contact information (i.e., mail, email addresses and phone numbers).
- Your education credentials (i.e., name and address of colleges attended, degrees).
- Your professional license credentials (i.e., your RN license and license number).
- Nurse Practitioner certifications issued to you by a National Certifying Organization.
- Payment information. You must pay a statutory $85 fee by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- To save and return to this application, you must have a Social Security Number.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov.
Receipt of Application
After NYSED receives your application and payment electronically, NYSED will email you a receipt. Keep this receipt! It is your proof of payment.
You must first be a certified New York Registered Professional Nurse to be licensed as a New York Nurse Practitioner. Your application for a Nurse Practitioner certificate will be reviewed only after you have qualified for a New York RN license and then all records relating to your Nurse Practitioner application have been received. Please allow several weeks to process this application.