Continuing Your Application
Only applicants with Social Security Numbers have the option to save the application progress and complete it within 30 days. If you have a Social Security Number and have started an application within the past 30 days, and have not yet completed it, you can use this link to continue your application. You will need your Application ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth. Your Application ID can be found in the email that was sent to you from the Office of the Professions.
Upload Additional Documentation
If you have already completed an application, but you have additional documents or files to include in your previous submission, use this link to upload additional documentation. You will need your Application ID and Date of Birth.
You must complete this online application and pay the applicable fee to begin the licensure process. The $85 fee includes the application fee ($50) plus the fee for your first three-year registration period ($35). Application fees are not refundable. Payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express.
Before You Begin
Review the requirements and the list of additional necessary forms for certification as a Nurse Practitioner. Please take a moment to review the list of necessary information you will need to complete this initial application form. Failure to complete all required parts of the application and submit all required documentation will delay its review.
- You must be licensed and currently registered as a New York State RN or have applied for a New York State RN license BEFORE you complete this application. Apply for a New York State RN license.
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Your name on your application must match the name on your photo ID.
- Education history, including locations and dates.
- Professional experience, including details of any other licenses held.
- Nurse Practitioner certifications issued to you by a National Certifying Organization.
- You are responsible for having all other documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.
You must first be a licensed New York Registered Professional Nurse to be certified as a New York Nurse Practitioner. Your application for a Nurse Practitioner certificate will be reviewed only after you have qualified for a New York RN license and then all records relating to your Nurse Practitioner application have been received. Please allow several weeks to process this application.
If you require assistance with the online application, submit a ticket to Online Services Technical Assistance.
Receipt for Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating that payment has been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.