You must complete this online application and pay the applicable fee to begin the licensure process. The $103 fee includes the application fee ($45) plus the fee for your first three year registration period ($58). Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to be aware of the requirements for licensure and be sure that you wish to apply.
Before You Begin
- Review the requirements for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/dent/dentcdalic.htm.
- Review the list of required forms which are necessary to complete the licensure process at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/dent/dentcdaforms.htm.
- Review the Registered Dental Assisting laws, rules and regulations at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/dent/dentlaw.htm
- Be aware that it may take several weeks to process the initial application prior to the review.
- Note that failure to complete all required parts of the application and submit all required documentation will delay its review.
- Recognize that by submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the licensure requirements.
Information Needed for Application
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Examination information for DANB's CDA or NYPDA
- Educational history, including degrees, locations and dates.
- Professional licensure, including details about any other professional licenses held.
- Payment information ($103 payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- To save and return to the application you must have a Social Security Number.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov.
Receipt For Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating the document and payment have been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.