Continuing Your Application
Only applicants with Social Security Numbers have the option to save the application progress and complete it within 30 days. If you have a Social Security Number and have started an application within the past 30 days, and have not yet completed it, you can use this link to continue your application. You will need your Application ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth. Your Application ID can be found in the email that was sent to you from the Office of the Professions.
Upload Additional Documentation
If you have already completed an application, but you have additional documents or files to include in your previous submission, use this link to upload additional documentation. You will need your Application ID and Date of Birth.
You must complete this online application and pay the applicable fee to begin the licensure process. The $735 fee includes the application fee ($135) plus the fee for your first three-year registration period ($600). Application fees are not refundable. Payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express.
Before You Begin
Review the requirements and the list of additional necessary forms that you will be required to complete for licensure as a Physician. Please take a moment to review the list of necessary information you will need to complete this initial application form. Failure to complete all required parts of the application and submit all required documentation will delay its review.
An applicant for licensure in Medicine must document fulfillment of the education, examination, and postgraduate hospital training requirements, as outlined in the license requirements. The education requirement includes a minimum of 6 years of postsecondary study culminating in an acceptable medical degree. Not all medical schools are acceptable for NYS licensure. To be acceptable, the Department must determine that your medical school is registered by the NYS Education Department, and/or accredited by the LCME or COCA, or for international medical schools, was recognized by the appropriate government authorities of the country in which it is located, at the time of your graduation. For questions about the education requirement, please contact email@example.com.
NYS has also specific requirements for documentation of clinical clerkships, preprofessional education, and postgraduate training. In addition, applicants must have good moral character, as determined by the Department. By applying for licensure, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the licensure requirements.
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Your name on your application must match the name on your photo ID.
- Education history, including locations and dates for all professional (medical) study as well as preprofessional study.
- Clerkship information for any rotations done outside the country where the medical school is located, including subject areas, locations, and start and end dates for each such rotation.
- Professional experience, including details of any other licenses held.
- Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
- You are responsible for having all other documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.
If you require assistance with the online application, submit a ticket to Online Services Technical Assistance.
Receipt for Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating that payment has been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.