Continuing Your Application
Only applicants with Social Security Numbers have the option to save the application progress and complete it within 30 days. If you have a Social Security Number and have started an application within the past 30 days, and have not yet completed it, you can use this link to continue your application. You will need your Application ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth. Your Application ID can be found in the email that was sent to you from the Office of the Professions.
Upload Additional Documentation
If you have already completed an application, but you have additional documents or files to include in your previous submission, use this link to upload additional documentation. You will need your Application ID and Date of Birth.
You must complete this online application and pay the applicable fee to begin the licensure process. The $377 fee includes the application fee ($135) plus the fee for your first three-year registration period ($242). Application fees are not refundable. Payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express.
Applicants for Podiatry licensure must document successful completion of at least 60 US semester hours of preprofessional education (including courses in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology or zoology, and physics) following an acceptable Doctor of Podiatric Medicine program. They must also pass an examination acceptable to the Department and at least one year of supervised postgraduate hospital training. The law and regulations for licensure can be viewed on our website.
Before You Begin
Review the requirements, and the list of additional necessary forms that you will be required to complete for licensure as a Podiatrist. Please take a moment to review the list of necessary information you will need to complete the application process. Failure to complete all required parts of the application and submit all required documentation will delay its review.
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Your name on your application must match the name on your photo ID.
- Educational history, including degrees, locations, and dates.
- Professional experience, including details about any other licenses held.
- Examination information, including past examinations and details for upcoming examinations.
- Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
- You are responsible for having all required documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.
If you require assistance with the online application, submit a ticket to Online Services Technical Assistance.
Receipt for Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating that payment has been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.