You must complete this form and submit it with the appropriate licensure and initial registration fee ($300) directly to the Office of the Professions to apply for licensure in NYS. $300 is the total of the application fee ($200) plus the fee for your first registration period ($100). The application portion of the fee is not refundable. View the Profession Fee Chart at http://www.op.nysed.gov/documents/opfeechart.pdf. You must answer all questions and provide all information requested unless otherwise indicated. Failure to complete all required parts of the application will delay its review.
Before you begin the application, you should review the License/Certification Requirements at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/aba/abalic.htm and the Frequently Asked Questions at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/aba/abafaq.htm. Please take a moment to review the list of necessary information you will need to complete this initial application form.
- Contact Information (mailing & email addresses and phone number(s)).
- Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
- Your name on your application must match the name on your photo ID.
- High school and college educational history (locations and attendance dates).
- Professional licensure in New York or another jurisdiction (profession, date of licensure and license number).
- If you did not complete the New York Child Abuse Identification and Reporting course work in your NYS registered program, you must submit a certificate of completion or exemption request.
- Payment information ($300 payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- Please be advised that if you do not enter a Social Security Number when prompted, the application cannot be saved for later entry.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov. Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to know the requirements for licensure.
This is the application and fee for licensure as a Licensed Behavior Analyst. You must also meet requirements for education, supervised experience and examination. You are responsible for having all other documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.