All applicants for licensure as Restricted Dental Faculty must document preprofessional education of 60 U.S. semester credits, or the equivalent postsecondary study as determined by the Department, including courses in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology or zoology, and physics. They must also document a professional education of either
- an acceptable dental program of at least four academic years in length, that is registered by the Department or accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) as a DDS/DMD education program;
- at least four academic years of professional dental education satisfactory to the Department culminating in a degree, diploma or certificate in dentistry recognized by the appropriate civil authorities of the jurisdiction in which the school is located as acceptable for entry into practice in the jurisdiction in which the school is located.
By submitting an application for licensure, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the licensure requirements: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/dent/dent-rdfllic.htm
This is the application and fee for licensure as Restricted Dental Faculty. You must complete this online application and pay the applicable fee to begin the licensure process. The $645 fee includes the application fee ($300) plus the fee for your first three year registration period ($345). Application fees are not refundable; it is your responsibility to be aware of the requirements for licensure and be sure that you wish to apply.
Before You Begin
- Review the requirements for licensure as a Restricted Dental Faculty atﾠhttp://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/dent/dent-rdfllic.htm.
- Review the list of required forms which are necessary to complete the licensure process at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/dent/dentlaw.htm
- Be aware that it may take several weeks to process the initial application prior to the review.
- Note that failure to complete all required parts of the application and submit all required documentation will delay its review. You are responsible for having all required documentation submitted for review and approval by the Department.
Information Needed For Application
- Contact Information, including mail & email addresses and phone number(s).
- Educational history, including degrees, locations and dates.
- Professional licensure, including details about any other professional licenses held.
- Information about any criminal (misdemeanor or felony) or professional disciplinary action. You will have the opportunity to upload relevant documents.
- Payment information (payment is only accepted by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
- To save and return to the application you must have a Social Security Number.
If you require assistance with the online application, please email OPOnlineApplications@nysed.gov.
Receipt For Application
Once NYSED has received this initial application form and payment electronically, you will receive an email indicating the document and payment have been received. Please retain this email notification as your proof of payment.